- Service provided in English, et en français.
- Always a small group per tour, up to 10 people, or 12 if a private group.
- Weather permitting.
select a tour~~~
pick up & drop off~~~
- Pick up & drop off at the Port de Plaisance Jacques-Cartier, Quebec side of Alexandria Bridge, next to Jacques Cartier Park.
- Look for the yacht with a red canvas top docked on the east side of the pier.
boarding & disembarking~~~
- Store your cell and keys safely in a pocket or bag before walking onto dock to board yacht, or before disembarking yacht.
- Footwear must be removed after boarding, unless a medical condition requires footwear.
- The tour will not involve speed.
- The yacht will navigate at a slow pace to help you relax and enjoy the scenery and sights.
- Stand or sit in the back stern (with the Captain).
- Sit on the front bow (with the Co-Captain).
- Dangle your feet over the front bow’s edge while holding onto the railing.
Sights to be seen (no stops).
- Parliament of Canada *
- Library of Parliament *
- Rideau Canal Locks *
- Fairmont Chateau Laurier *
- Canadian Museum of Nature *
- Alexandria Bridge and MacDonald-Cartier Bridge
- Ottawa Rowing Club
- Ottawa New Edinburg (Sailing) Club
- Rideau Falls
- Rockcliffe Boathouse Restaurant & Marina
- Official Residence of the Prime Minister of Canada
- British High Commissioner in Canada Residence – Earnscliffe
- French Embassy in Canada
- US Ambassador’s Residence – Lornardo
- Gatineau’s Jacques Cartier Street
For security reasons, sights marked by an * may not be viewed on tours with fireworks.
food & beverages~~~
- Bottled water available as needed.
- A glass of wine is offered, to those 18 years and older; may only be consumed on Quebec side of river (Captain will advise).
- You may bring your own food/snack and/or beverage for any tour.
- The lunch tour includes Ottawa’s best deli sandwiches and platters.
- Please advise if you have any food intolerance or allergies.
- Dolce far niente is equipped with a Bluetooth sound system, 7 speakers and a 10″ sub-woofer for full sound.
- The Captain has several Spotify playlists from which to choose.
- If a private group, you may connect to the Bluetooth system and listen to your own playlist.
- Feel free to ask to change music or lower/increase the volume.
health & safety~~~
- Life jacket available for each passenger, to be worn in emergency only.
- You may not stand on the back platform at any time during the tour.
- In case of emergency, stay calm and adhere strictly to the Captain’s commands.
- Please drink responsibly. Zero tolerance for excessive alcohol consumption.
- If you feel motion sickness, Gravol is available for free.
- A first aid kit is on board, and the Captain is trained in CPR and first aid.
child or animal~~~
- No small child under 6, unless you bring your own life jacket for them.
- No animal may board, unless a service animal.
- Full refund if we cancel due to poor weather (usually heavy rain and/or strong winds) or too few guests.
- Full refund if you cancel with notice of 72-hours’ or more.
- 80% refund if you cancel with notice of less than 72 hours.