July 1, 2020
Canada Day Only
Building on our popular Weekend Sunset tour, we designed this tour to let you see amazing sights along the Ottawa river AND experience the full sunset colours over the river when the city lights also come alive AND experience the spectacular and once-a-year Canada Day fireworks show … away from the crowd on the comfort of a yacht. Offered only 1 evening, on July 1 Canada Day, you don’t want to miss this.
- Marina Jacques-Cartier (across the street from 895 rue Jacques-Cartier, Gatineau).
- Boarding starts 10 minutes before departure.
- If you are late, departure time cannot be change to respect other guests on board in time and because of the fireworks’ time.
- If you are late and the yacht departs without you, a refund cannot be provided.
- board at the Marina Jacques Cartier
- navigate east to pass under the MacDonald-Cartier Bridge
- short pause near the Rideau Falls
- continue east until the Official Residence of the Prime Minister of Canada
- turn around and navigate back to Portage Champlain Yacht Club, where we drop anchor
- the fireworks start after dark, and last about 30 minutes – wow, enjoy
- raise anchor and navigate briefly between Alexandria Bridge and MacDonald-Cartier Bridge
- return to disembark at the Marina Jacques Cartier
what to bring~~~
- Camera – for great photos, selfies & bragging rights
- Food & drinks you may want
- Sweater & jacket