- Service provided in English, et en français.
- Each tour has a minimum crew of 2: the Captain, and a First Mate
- Always a small group per tour, to a maximum of 12 passengers.
- Weather permitting.
Select a tour~~~
Wednesdays to Sundays
Pick up & drop off~~~
- across the street from
895 rue Jacques-Cartier (red marker on map below)
Boarding & disembarking~~~
- Store your cell and keys safely in a pocket or bag before walking onto dock to board yacht, or before disembarking yacht.
- Footwear must be removed after boarding, unless a medical condition requires footwear.
- The tour will not involve speed.
- The yacht will navigate at a slow pace to help you relax and enjoy the scenery and sights.
- Stand or sit in the back stern (with the Captain).
- Sit on the front bow (with the Co-Captain).
- Dangle your feet over the front bow’s edge while holding onto the railing.
Sights to be seen (no stops).
- Parliament of Canada *
- Library of Parliament *
- Rideau Canal Locks *
- Fairmont Chateau Laurier *
- Canadian Museum of Nature *
- Alexandria Bridge and MacDonald-Cartier Bridge
- Ottawa Rowing Club
- Ottawa New Edinburg (Sailing) Club
- Rideau Falls
- Rockcliffe Boathouse Restaurant & Marina
- Official Residence of the Prime Minister of Canada
- British High Commissioner in Canada Residence – Earnscliffe
- French Embassy in Canada
- US Ambassador’s Residence – Lornardo
- Gatineau’s Jacques Cartier Street
For security reasons, sights marked by an * may not be viewed on tours with fireworks.
Beverages & food~~~
- A selection of beverages is included.
- You may bring your own food/snacks and/or beverages on a tour.
- The lunch tour includes catering of Ottawa’s best deli sandwiches and platters (please advise if you have any food intolerance or allergies).
- Dolce far niente is equipped with a Bluetooth sound system, 7 speakers and a 10″ sub-woofer for full sound.
- The Captain has several Spotify playlists from which to choose.
- If a private group, you may connect to the Bluetooth system and listen to your own playlist.
- Feel free to ask to change music or lower/increase the volume.
- The safety and security of passengers is paramount at all times on Ottawa Yacht.
- Each tour begins with a thorough safety briefing.
- Life jacket are available for each passenger, for emergency.
- You may not stand on the back platform at any time during the tour.
- In case of emergency, stay calm and adhere strictly to the Captain’s commands.
- Please drink responsibly. Zero tolerance for excessive alcohol consumption.
- If you feel motion sickness, Gravol is available for free.
- A first aid kit is on board, and the Captain and First Mate are trained in CPR and first aid.
- In 2021, Ottawa Yacht installed a new smoke & heat detection system with a fire alarm panel, a new gas fumes detection system with alarm panel, and a new automatic and manual-release fire extinguisher suppression system.
- All fire extinguishers were inspected before the start of the season.
Child or animal~~~
- No small child under 6, unless you bring your own life jacket for them.
- No animal may board, unless a service animal.
Deposit & payment~~~
- A 50% deposit is required to confirm/reserve a booking.
- Any balance owing for a tour must be paid before the tour starts.
- Payments by email money transfer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full refund if we cancel the tour because of poor weather (heavy rain / strong wind or gusts of wind) or because too few guests.
- Full refund if you cancel with notice of 72-hours’ or more.
- 80% refund if you cancel with notice of less than 72 hours.